Sital Thopa has been manufacturing and marketing a lightweight, low-cost candle filter that uses two 12- litre plastic buckets. The pottery purifier systems consist of an upper reservoir, which contains the purifiers, and a lower, catchment container, with faucet. These systems have consistently proven highly effective in removal of faecal coli forms.
This is accomplished in two ways:
1. approximately 80% of the pathogens are removed by filtration, trapped within the tortuous pathway of the media.
2. The remaining 20% of the pathogens are killed by contact with a tiny amount of silver, applied in colloidal form.
Features of Water filter
• Affordable for poor families
• Easiness of use
• Effective for removing pathogens
• Lightweight and easy to transport